1858 - 1933 (74 years)
||Minnie Adelaide Anthony |
||17 Jun 1858
||Rockford, Floyd County, Iowa, USA
||Between 1860 and 1920 
- 1860 US, Iowa, Linn, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Rapids PO; Page #137;
17 Aug 1860; Dwelling #978, Family #939; line #16; "Minnie A
(Anthony)"; Age = 2, Female, (White); Place of Birth = Iowa.
1870 US, Iowa, Linn, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Rapids PO, Ward #4;
Page #134; 29 Jun 1870; Dwelling #906, Family #948; line #5;
"(Anthony), Minnie"; Age = 11, Female, White; Place of Birth =
Iowa; Attended school within year.
1880 US, Iowa, Linn, Cedar Rapids, Ward #6; Page #48, SD #2, ED
#255; 1 Jun 1880; Ontario Street, Dwelling #119, Family #121;
line 29; "(McElheran), Minnie"; White, Female, Age = 25; Wife;
Married; Nativity of Person = Ohio [sic], Father = Ohio [sic],
Mother = Illinois [sic]; copy owned b GMA CENSUS: 1885 Iowa,
Linn, Cedar Rapids; not found in record
1895 Iowa, Linn, Cedar Rapids, Ward #2; #146; Dwelling #521,
Family #577; line #25; "Minnie (McElheran)"; Age = 38, White,
Female, Married; Place of Birth = Iowa; Keeping House;
1900 US, Iowa, Linn, Rapids, Cedar Rapids City, 4th Ward; SD
#78, ED #98, Sheet 1B; 1 Jun 1900; Second Avenue West, House
#321, Dwelling #15, Family #15; line #58; "(McElheran), Minnie
A"; Wife; White, Female, Date of Birth = Jun 1857, Age = 42,
Married 23 years, 5 children/5 living; Nativity of Person =
Iowa, Father = Ohio [sic], Mother = Illinois [sic] Can read,
write, speak English.
1905 Iowa, Linn, Rapids, Cedar Rapids, Ward #4; Book C, Card
#86; "M. A. McElheran, 210 So. 5th St. W."
1920 US, Wyoming, Laramie, Cheyenne City, Ward #2; SD #2, ED
#39, Sheet #1B; 3rd Jan 1920; Warren Avenue, House #1916,
Dwelling #11, Family #14; line #73; "McElheran, Minnie";
Mother-in-Law [?]; Female, White, Age = 63, Widowed; Can read
and write; Nativity of Person = Iowa, Father = Ohio [sic],
Mother = New York; Can speak English; Occupation = None.
||4 Feb 1926
||206 East Pershing Blvd, Cheyenne, Laramie County, Wyoming 
- Descendant of Corporal John Dyer; living with daughter, Ruth
||16 Jan 1933
||Cheyenne, Laramie County, Wyoming, USA 
- "MINNIE M'ELHERAN EXPIRES MONDAY;
Mrs. Minnie McElheran died Monday morning at her home at 209
East First Avenue. She was the mother of Mrs. Earl Benton and
Mrs. John Lyhane, both of Cheyenne. "Funeral services will be
held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Benton at 10 a. m. Wednesday,
with the Rev. Robert T. Caldwell officiating. The body will be
sent to her old home at Cedar Rapids, Ia., for burial in the
family lot. "Mrs. McElheran, who was 75, was a prominent member
of the Daughters of the American Revolution, of First
Presbyterian Church and of Mizpah Chapter, Order of Eastern
Star. She had lived in Cheyenne for the past 14 years. She
was born in Rockford, Ia., June 17, 1858, and received her
education at Cedar Rapids. "In addition to her two daughters in
Cheyenne she is survived by a son, Archie, of Springfield, Ill;
a sister, Mrs. E. O. Edson of Los Angeles; a brother, George
Anthony of Baltimore, and six grandchildren. "Hobbs, Huckfeldt
and Finkbiner are in charge of the Cheyenne services."; copy
owned by GMA
||16 Jan 1933
||209 East 1st Avenue, Cheyenne, Laramie County, Wyoming 
- 1. Place of Death: Laramie County, District #1, Cheyenne, 209
East 1st Avenue.;
2. Full Name: Minnie Anthony McElheran, 209 East 1st Ave.;
3. Sex: F;
4. Race: White;
6. Date of Birth: June 17, 1858;
7. Age: 74 years, 6 months, 30 days;
12. Birthplace: Rockford, Iowa; FATHER:
13. Name: James Anthony,
14. Birthplace: Ohio [sic]; MOTHER:
15. Maiden Name: Marilla Mason [sic];
16. Birthplace: Ohio [sic];
17. Informant: Mrs. Earl M. Benton, 222 West 1st Avenue;
18. Removal: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Jan. 19, 1933;
19. Undertaker: Hobbs, H_______, F______?, Cheyenne, Wy.;
20. Filed: Jan 17, 1933, N.C. Nelson, County Registrar;
21. Date of Death: 1/16, 1933;
22. I Hereby Certify, That I attended deceased from Nov. 26,
1933 to 1/16/33; I last saw her alive on 1/16/33; The
princiapal cause of death and related causes of importance were
as follows: cerebral hemorrahage; Other contributory causes of
importance: arterioscierosis; CN Beard, MD ?
||Aft 19 Jan 1933
||Linwood Cemetery, Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa. USA 
- "Minnie Anthony McElheran June 17, 1858 Jan 16, 1933
- From the Maybee Society files. Not all data is verified. Say dates are estimates and are probably within 20 years. The Maybee Society keeps its data on The Master Genealogistï¿½, and has been modified by Gary Hester?s WIT2NOTEï¿½ to form the GedCom file. This information is also available in a TMG file.
||Glenn Cook Family
||30 Nov 2006 |
||James Riley Anthony, b. 23 Dec 1820, Brookfield, Madison County, New York , d. 1 Mar 1900, Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa (Age 79 years) |
||Marilla Harriet Mabie, b. 22 Mar 1826, Portage, Allegany County, New York , d. 17 Aug 1910, Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa (Age 84 years) |
||11 Feb 1847
||near Rockford, Winnebago County, Illinois, USA 
- Mr. James R. Anthony was married to Miss Marilla H. Maybie on
the 11th day of February A. D. 1847 by Luther Stone a Minister
of the Gospel..."
||Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa 
- James R. Anthony, Self, M, Male, W, 60, NY, Stone Mason, RI, MA
Marilla Anthony, Wife, M, Female, W, 54, NY, , NY, NY
Charles F. Anthony, Son, S, Male, W, 22, IL, Car Repairer, NY,
Edward E. Anthony, Son, S, Male, W, 20, IA, Works In Packing
House, NY, NY
Riley Anthony, Son, S, Male, W, 12, IA, School, NY, NY
George Anthony, Son, S, Male, W, 7, IA, School, NY, NY
Frank A. Anthony, Son, M, Male, W, 26, IL, R.R. Shops, NY, NY
Dora Anthony, DauL, M, Female, W, 20, NY, , NY, NY
- [S1272] MS 166 - G. Michael Anthony, G. Michael Anthony.
- [S1272] MS 166 - G. Michael Anthony, G. Michael Anthony, DAR APPLICATION #221747 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1272] MS 166 - G. Michael Anthony, G. Michael Anthony, WYOMING STATE TRIBUNE-CHEYENNE STATE LEADER, 16 JAN 1933, P 5 C 3 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1272] MS 166 - G. Michael Anthony, G. Michael Anthony, STATE OF WYOMING, CERTIFICATE OF DEATH; FILE #1933, REGISTERED #87 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1272] MS 166 - G. Michael Anthony, G. Michael Anthony, LINWOOD CEMETERY, 22-13-ORIGINAL; INFORMATION FROM MRS. BARBARA J. GARNANT, CEDAR RAPIDS (Reliability: 3).
- [S1272] MS 166 - G. Michael Anthony, G. Michael Anthony, DAR MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION #221747 FOR MINNIE ADELAIDE (ANTHONY) MCELHERAN; STATE OF ILLINOIS, WINNEBAGO COUNTY, CERTIFICATE OF RECORD OF MARRIAGE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WINNEBAGO COUNTY (Reliability: 3).
- [S1273] IGI - LDS, CENSUS PLACE 6TH WARD, CEDAR RAPIDS, LINN, IOWA, , FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY FILM1254351 NA FILM NUMBERT9-0351 PAGE NUMBER67B (Reliability: 3).