Abt 1728 - 1777 (~ 49 years)
||Simon Mabie |
||New Rochelle, Westchester County, New York
||1760 [1, 2]
- 1760 Muster Roll for 5th Company, Upper Battalion of the
Westchester County Militia under Capt Annanias Rogers, includes
the names: Jeremiah Maybie, Frederick Maybie, John Maybie,
William Maybie, Jacob Maybe and Symon Maybe.
||11 Apr 1777 
- The Court Martial of Simon Mabee was conducted on 4/11/1777
The prisoner was charged with "being Employed by the Enemy as a
Spy & for Enlisting men into their Service". The prisoner had
been captured on 4/1/1777 at the house of John Hunt "near the
White Plains", and two documents were also found at the house.
One document, dated 3/29/1777, signed by D. Mathews, Mayor of
the City of New York, certified that Simon Mabie "of the
Malitia of the City of New York" had taken an oath "to bear
Faith & true allegiance to his Majesty King George the third".
The second document, dated 3/30/1777, signed by Samuel Holland,
authorized Simon Mabee "to engage men" for service in the Corps
of Guides and Axmen under the command of Major Holland. The
prisoner was found guilty and sentenced to be hanged. Of added
interest is the fact that, testifying on behalf of the prisoner
was a Mary Putnam, who said that she was the sister of the
prisoner and that she had a nephew Simon Mabee. She also
stated that the prisoner had no wife or family. Also mentioned
in the transcript is a statement by the prisoner that his
father's farm was near Croton Bridge.
||15 Apr 1777 
- hanged as a spy by the British
- From the Maybee Society files. Not all data is verified. Say dates are estimates and are probably within 20 years. The Maybee Society keeps its data on The Master Genealogistï¿½, and has been modified by Gary Hester?s WIT2NOTEï¿½ to form the GedCom file. This information is also available in a TMG file.
||Glenn Cook Family
||30 Nov 2006 |
||Simon Mabie, b. 1700/1701, Harlem, , New York , bur. Saint Stephen, Charlotte County, New Brunswick, Canada |
||Marie Landrin, b. 1705/1706, New Rochelle, Westchester County, New York , d. Bef 1750, Westchester County, New York (Age 43 years) |
||New Rochelle, Westchester County, New York [2, 4]
- [S1251] Steve Mabie, A Chronology of Mabie Records in NY and NJ, (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~smabie/caspar/caspar.htm), PAGE 12 (Reliability: 3).
- [S1259] MS 287 - Lori DuBois, Lori Jean DUBOIS, (2 April 2001).
- [S1251] Steve Mabie, A Chronology of Mabie Records in NY and NJ, (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~smabie/caspar/caspar.htm), CALENDAR OF HISTORICAL MANUSCRIPTS RELATING TO THE WAR OF THE REVOLUTION, VOL. II (Reliability: 3).
- [S1252] Westchester Patriots, Norman Davis, (Heritage Books, Inc, Bowie, Maryland, 1988), NY 107.